Windows 10 is finally on the roll. So far, it has great reviews by its users and been loved as an Operating System. Microsoft has been reportedly announced that it would be Windowsâ€™ last version of Operating system. So, letâ€™s talk about some shortcuts of the brand new operating system.
Keyboard shortcuts saves us time as they are very efficient in terms of roaming with mouse from one side to another. If you are an existing windows user then you probably are familiar with many shortcuts as Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V(Copy and Paste), but we are going to show you more Windows 10 Short codes. Some of these might be familiar to you. But thinking of the MAC users who just switched to Windows or the new novice Windows user who have relied on mouse or touchscreens more, here are some crispy shortcuts for them :
- WINDOWS key + A : Open Action Center.
- WINDOWS key + C : Open Cortana in listening mode.
- WINDOWS key + D : Display & Hide the Desktop.
- WINDOWS key + E : Open File Explorer.
- WINDOWS key + H : Open the Share Charm.
- WINDOWS key + I : Open Settings.
- WINDOWS key + L : Lock PC or Switch Accounts.
- WINDOWS key + S : Open Search.
- WINDOWS key + Number : Open the app that is on taskbar(on the position of the number you enter).
- WINDOWS KEY + Comma : Temporarily look at the desktop.
- WINDOWS KEY + Ctrl + D : Add a virtual desktop.
- WINDOWS KEY + Ctrl + F4 : Close the current Virtual Desktop.
- WINDOWS KEY + Ctrl + Left arrow or Right arrow : Switch between virtual desktops.
- WINDOWS KEY + Enter : Open Narrator.
- WINDOWS KEY + Home : Minimize all but the active desktop window/ restores all windows on second stroke.
- WINDOWS KEY + Left arrow : Snap current window to the left side of the screen.
- WINDOWS KEY + Right arrow : Snap current window to the right side of the screen.
- WINDOWS KEY + Up arrow : Snap current window to the top of the screen.
- WINDOWS KEY + Down arrow : Snap current window to the bottom of the screen.
- WINDOWS Key + PrtScn : Capture a screenshot and save it in screenshots folder.
- WINDOWS Key + Shift + Up arrow : Strech the Desktop window to the top and bottom of the screen.
- WINDOWS key + Tab : Open Task View interface, and it stays opened until you click the code again or click at the desirable app window.
- Ctrl + Shift + Esc : Open Task Manager.
- Alt + Tab : Switch between opened apps.
- Ctrl + Alt + Tab : View already opened apps.
Microsoft will hopefully add more short key combinations as they continue with the process of developing Windows 10. For now, these are the few short key codes that has proved to be very useful for every user, but specially the command prompt users and the users who donâ€™t want to stress their mouse. Some bonus keywords are below which are useful for daily purposes. Like :
- Ctrl + C or Ctrl + insert : Copies selected text to clipboard.
- Ctrl + V or Shift + insert : Pastes text at the cursor position.
- Ctrl + A : Selects all the text.
- Shift + Left/Right/Up/Down : Moves the cursor to the Left/Right/Up/Down way, selecting the text along with the way.
- Ctrl + Shift + Left/Right : Moves the cursor one word to the left or right, selecting the word along with it.
- Ctrl + Shift + Up/Down : Moves the cursor one LINE to the up or Down, selecting the LINE along with it.
So, thatâ€™s it for today. Stay tuned with us for more updates.